I was really in the mood for a peanut butter cookie that was fully loaded with extra peanut butter flavor and crunchy bits. These cookies are soft on the inside with a slightly crunchy exterior. I love them still warm out of the oven when the peanut butter chips are still gooey. Here is what I came up with:
- 3/4 cup (6 oz, 170 g) unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup (260 g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup ( 8 oz, 250 g) sugar
- 1/2 (3.5 oz, 100 g)cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 (10 oz, 282 g) cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups combined of dry roasted peanuts, reese’s pieces candies, and peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. I also like to use a baking stone set on the middle rack in my oven. I find that I get a more evenly browned cookie by baking directly on the stone instead of on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the butters and sugars in a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer and mix until just combined, or if you want a flatter and crispier cookie cream the butters and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at time until each is combined. Add the vanilla extract.
- All at once add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until no white streaks of flour remain. Stir in your peanuts, reese’s candies and peanut butter chips.
- Use about two tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. I use an inverted cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and space the cookies at least 1 1/2 inches apart on the tray. I flatten the cookies slightly with my hand then I use a fork to make a cross hatch pattern on the tops. I then slide the whole sheet of parchment paper off of the tray and directly onto the preheated baking stone. If you are not using a stone you can line a baking sheet the regular way with parchment paper and bake as normal.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or until the tops are just starting to turn a golden brown color. Remove from the oven and move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool for at least a couple of minutes so you don’t burn yourself! Store in an air tight container for up to a week.