This roasted zucchini bruschetta is very different from what I always thought was the only way to have bruschetta, which was tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And before I came up with this recipe my husband had not had any type of toppings on his bread except for butter or cheese, now we will sometimes make a whole dinner out of this paired with some different cheeses and cured meats.
- 2 medium sized zucchini, medium diced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 TB chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil with a tablespoon of the oil they are packed in
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh basil or ¼ tsp dried basil with a tablespoon of the oil they are packed in
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack positioned in the mid to upper slot.
- Toss the diced zucchini with the olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Place in an even layer on an oil baking sheet. Roast in the oven turning every ten minutes until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine the zucchini, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, tomato oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the mixture marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted ciabatta, rustic baguette, or ricotta bread.